Check out Lockton Retirement Services’ report on 2013 retirement plan limits : 10 19 12 Retirement Limits
Highlights of the notice include:
- The elective deferral or contribution limit for employees who participate in 401(k), 403(b), most 457 plans and the federal government’s Thrift Savings Plan is increased from $17,000 to $17,500,
- The §415 limitation for defined contribution plans is increased in 2013 from $50,000 to $51,000,
- The maximum compensation limit is increased from $250,000 to $255,000,
- The dollar limitation concerning the definition of a key employee in a top-heavy plan did not increase and will remain at $165,000,
- The limitation used in the definition of highly compensated employee did not increase and will remain at $115,000,
- The catch-up contribution limit for those aged 50 and over remains unchanged at $5,500.